Tinting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egolfEr

I just got my car tinted in 40% suntek CIR ceramic.

Question: The 2 side rear window, actually have 2 sections each. In my tinting, a small light color line appears on both windows around the curveture of the tint. Not sure others are seeing this on their tinted cars?

Question: There are 2 small triangle windows just in front of the rear view mirrors, the installer said he could'nt tint those. Does anyone have a similar experience.
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZivnLZWYN4nMd4F2G8NpBUewAp2ltfa5/view?usp=drivesdk

I'm tinted at 35% (my state law max). I don't see any lines in the tint in the area you photographed (or any other area), except for color patterns if I'm using polarized sunglasses.

However, like your installer, mine couldn't tint the small windows by the A pillar. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice to get that spot.

Thanks for sharirng.

I recently saw a newer gas golf tinted, and it had exactly the same line as the picture I posted.

egolfEr said:
Thanks for sharirng.

I recently saw a newer gas golf tinted, and it had exactly the same line as the picture I posted.
Can you tell if the tinting was done in one piece or two?

the rear windows have 2 lanes and this you must use 2 pieces of film for tinting

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I’m not sure how this could be avoided? My un-tinted e-Golves have the same shape in the glass because the pet where the trim butts up against the glass is blacked out from the factory. A line here would be almost unavoidable.

Is there something else that I’m not seeing?

https://imgur.com/a/Na6YRhc

I just picked up a 2016 SEL

Will be getting the tint done soon. I will post pictures of results and ask the tint guy about that line and if there's anyway to avoid it.

Has anyone looking into tinting the windshield with a clear fill?

There was a guy at the the dealership i bought my car from recommending to tint the windshield. He has black interior like i do and he said that help keep the car cool inside and his steering wheel and seat weren't as hot.

I was just thinking of purchasing a windshield shade but considering the clear fill tint

Thoughts....

Well you folks made me go back and take a closer look. In most conditions I can't see a line, but in bright sunlight, if I look closely, I can see a thin line. Now I can't unsee it!

https://imgur.com/a/hB7DfG3 (it really is only visible in the first photo)

My first car with a tinted windshield is my egolf. i am running 80% Suntek CIR. It works well and would tint my other vehicles now . its not dark at all and i can still see at night.

BomBoi said:
My first car with a tinted windshield is my egolf. i am running 80% Suntek CIR. It works well and would tint my other vehicles now . its not dark at all and i can still see at night.

Any weird polarisation rainbow artefacts when you wear sunglasses? Thats my big concern with tint, especially anything on the windshield.

@sparklebeard

Good point . i dont notice it at all, maybe its the type of tint i use as well as how light it is . With the 80% , it helps to not wear shades when i would normally put it on as default when driving .

I am also looking to tint my entire car. Went to a place this weekend and was going to do the whole car for $500 which included clear tint for the windshield. This was for Suntek CIR5. I was planning to have my family car done as well but that would be another $500.

It's been a while since i tinted a car but $500 seemed pretty expensive for me. I live in the Corona Area.

Anyone have a good tint place the can recommend.

I paid $400 for high quality ceramic tint for everything BUT the windshield. So $500 w/windshield is fair.

Don't go with cheap tint. It will bubble and peel.

Do y'all have any brand recommendations for tints? Thinking of getting 35% ceramic tints on my white egolf. I get the sense that it might matter what brand product you get when it comes to tints, not sure if that's right / if it is, what some good brands are.

2 years ago I paid $195 to tint my GTI (all but front windshield). Solar Gard Galaxie ceramic film made by Saint Gobain. Supposedly covered by lifetime warranty. Bottom line, it's been fine ever since it was applied so my plan is to go back to the same installed and get the same exact type for the new e-Golf. Maybe a tad lighter (45% versus the 35% I have on the GTI).

Just had mine done on a 2019 e-golf. They used LLumar CTX 35, which is a ceramic tint.
So far, 3 days in, it looks great.
Paid $379 for all but windshield, and yes, they even did the small triangle windows in front.

Back