10K Service for 2016 egolf SE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nupami

Has anybody done the 10K service ? What was the cost ?

I believe the service is mandatory and we have to bear the cost for the 2016s.

Thanks in advance !

nupami said:
Has anybody done the 10K service ? What was the cost ?

I believe the service is mandatory and we have to bear the cost for the 2016s.

Thanks in advance !
Cost? Whatever the stealership wants to charge you.
It's not mandatory, see your 'car net app' for the next schedule maintenance (at 20k)

Now I got the 10k inspection notification on the display as well. Funny enough for the last 4 weeks it was warning me that "inspection and oil service" was coming up and I am wondering if that is just a thing of the ICE age.

Anyway, if not mandatory and not really that meaningful, how do I turn off the notifications that appear when I turn off the car and sometimes in between? Or is that something only the dealer shop can reset?

Slomove said:
Now I got the 10k inspection notification on the display as well. Funny enough for the last 4 weeks it was warning me that "inspection and oil service" was coming up and I am wondering if that is just a thing of the ICE age.

Anyway, if not mandatory and not really that meaningful, how do I turn off the notifications that appear when I turn off the car and sometimes in between? Or is that something only the dealer shop can reset?

Read your owners manual on how to do so.

JoulesThief said:
Slomove said:

You could at least give them the Page Number there Joules since you like to quote the manual.

forbin404 said:
JoulesThief said:
Slomove said:

You could at least give them the Page Number there Joules since you like to quote the manual.

Or the OP could do a search, since I just recently posted up how to reset it.

forbin404 said:
So I guess the answer is 'you don't know either but like to tell people what to do'

Don't act like you are retarded. Learn how to use Google It. Just because you demonstrate you are incapable of it, doesn't mean that others are incapable of using either Google or the search function. You're lazy, and you act entitled. Guess what, the world isn't fair, all men are not equal. Get used to it, snowflake.

Slomove said:

Use "search" here, or Google it.

Isn't what having a forum is for? People ask questions and get answers.

You answer is 'Google It' or RTM, then what's the point of having a forum?

People come here because they either 'didn't google it' or get '10,000 answers and aren't sure which one is it'.
That's why I'm pointing you out. Your posts do not aid anyone in any way.

forbin404 said:
Isn't what having a forum is for? People ask questions and get answers.

You answer is 'Google It' or RTM, then what's the point of having a forum?

People come here because they either 'didn't google it' or get '10,000 answers and aren't sure which one is it'.
That's why I'm pointing you out. Your posts do not aid anyone in any way.
So many lazy assumptions on your part. If my posts are of no aid to YOU, then YOU shouldn't read them. You assume everyone thinks just like you.... I assure you, they don't. Many of them are capable of taking the initiative to do a search on common problems. Give a man a fish, you have to feed him every day, teach him how to fish, and he can feed himself, for the rest of his life.

Yah, I like 'Teach the man how to fish'.

This is what you do 'look there's a car', go learn how to use it.
What a useless unhelpful post.

forbin404 said:
Yah, I like 'Teach the man how to fish'.

This is what you do 'look there's a car', go learn how to use it.
What a useless unhelpful post.

Of which you have contributed many, to this thread. Stop trolling, and go actually catch some fish. Better yet, go look in your owners manual, take a picture of the page, with the instructions on how to reset, host it, and post it up here. Thanking you in advance for your contribution. If YOU want to help someone, no one is stopping you, go for it. Otherwise, appear lazy and incompetent, in front of your peers.

LOL! Me Troll? hahahahahaha

The guy who lives under the bridge and attacks almost all of our new users is calling me a troll.

I just had the 10k service done on my 2016 eGolf. It was $59.95, done at Kearny Mesa VW in San Diego. Basically they just rotated the tires and checked everything over, checked the alignment, tested the battery, topped up the washer fluid. This gives me piece of mind that the car is in tip-top shape. The car is 2 years, 3 months old, so I was a bit behind in getting the service, they told me that I should come in every 12 months for service at a minimum, but I believe that is overkill, especially since these EVs have so few moving parts compared to ICE cars.

I did have a flat tire a few months ago, and the plug that the tire guy put in was making a squeaky sound at low speeds. They fixed this for free by trimming the oversized plug. They also did some warranty work for me about a year ago, fixing one of the buttons on my radio. Altogether, I'm pleased with this dealership, and very pleased with the extremely low cost of ownership of the eGolf.

They did try to sell me new wiper blades for front and rear, for $60. It doesn't rain much in my neck of the woods, so I declined. Just confirms that they will use the opportunity to up-sell you, you have to stay strong.

Pepboys has front blades for $43, didn't see the rear wiper listed so the market seems small. Of course Pepboys will install them for free, but in my area you get what you pay for, so I prefer to install my own. Had I been at your dealer I might have gone for replacing all three at that price.

Back