PG&E offering new 2017 $500 rebate for EVs and plug-ins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryMW

News you can use....

PG&E has a new 2017 "Clean Fuel" rebate. :shock:
With nothing more than your PG&E account number and a scan of the vehicle Registration Doc, you can complete the application using the online form.

I applied for TWO today. E-Golf and 500e :cool:

Here is the LINK to PG&E application

Enjoy

Barry

To make it clear, it's not just for new EV buyers, which is typically the case with these rebates/incentives. This applies to anybody whose car is registered at an address serviced by Pacific Gouge and Extort, I mean Pacific Gas and Electric :lol: So if you still have that 2011 Leaf, or that Tesla Roadster, or an ancient Gen 1 RAV4 EV or Ford Ranger EV, you qualify whether you bought them new or used. The caveat is that if it was purchased used, and the previous owner took advantage of this rebate, you can't do so either.

More info here: https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page

Some people have reported problems getting the older vehicles like the Gen1 RAV4 EV approved, but a telephone call to a live person can usually resolve it. It has to do with the range of vehicle VIN numbers they put in the database for automated approval.

I applied for the rebate last Tuesday (1/10/17) and just got an email stating that my application was approved and that the rebate check has been issued. That was certainly faster than I expected, let's see how long it takes for the CVRP...

RonDawg said:
To make it clear, it's not just for new EV buyers, which is typically the case with these rebates/incentives. This applies to anybody whose car is registered at an address serviced by Pacific Gouge and Extort, I mean Pacific Gas and Electric :lol: So if you still have that 2011 Leaf, or that Tesla Roadster, or an ancient Gen 1 RAV4 EV or Ford Ranger EV, you qualify whether you bought them new or used. The caveat is that if it was purchased used, and the previous owner took advantage of this rebate, you can't do so either.

More info here: https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page

Pacific Gouge and Extort! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :ugeek: Ain't that the truth. Los Angeles Dept of Wealth and Power? Screwing the average customer, daily.

FYI: The info about the PG&E rebate was emailed to the ChargePoint users list at my office on 1/10, and one guy immediately applied. On 1/17, he reported his check had arrived.

It's been about 3 weeks now and my status is still "In Progress"

Anyone been paid?

What were your dates?

Barry

Yeah, well, so far Southern California Edison has yet to get on the rebate or incentive bandwagon. :-( Given the higher rates that SDG&E charges compared to other California utilities, they should give you more than just $50!

daeofcal said:
500 bucks? All San Diegans will get is a measly $50 annual credit. :cry: http://www.sdge.com/clean-energy/electric-vehicle-climate-credit
PG&E also gives a Climate Credit to all customers. For the EV rate schedule you get $17.40 twice a year per account. Having a usage based or annual credit makes more sense than what PG&E did with a one time per VIN large credit. My RAV4 EV was nearly totaled and I could get the credit again for a replacement vehicle.

Personally, I think the PUC should push hard on EVSE based sub-metering and roll the LCFS credits into the rates paid on those meters. Forget about VIN numbers, the energy coming out of an EVSE is going into an EV, so just charge accordingly for that energy.

If I could get E6 with a non-tiered $0.11~12 overnight that would be great.
And no goofing with a sub meter.

Barry

BarryMW said:
If I could get E6 with a non-tiered $0.11~12 overnight that would be great.
And no goofing with a sub meter.

Barry

I'm on the east coast, and pay 5.6¢ during off-peak (9p-7a M-F, all day on weekends and holidays). 11-12¢ is what my standard rate is without being on the EV TOU Rate. I feel for you left coasters

Jeremy,
Well thanks for pointing that out.
Please FedEx me one end of an extension cord and plug the other end into the wall.

;)

Barry

BTW got a PG&E email, one of my rebates has been approved.
Second rebate with tracking number only 5 higher than first.... no news.

BarryMW said:
Jeremy,
Please FedEx me one end of an extension cord and plug the other end into the wall.

;)

Barry

LOL, me too, me too, with the extension cord. ;-) His 9 pm is my 6 pm... Sawheeet!

BarryMW said:
Jeremy,

;)

Barry

How much could a (roughly) 1.39704E+07 feet 5⅞ inches extension cord run? No more than a couple of Italian made cars that get close to the same gas mileage than we do (0 MPG) right?

Just got e-mail my application has been approved (submitted about 3 weeks ago) and check is in the mail. Whoo hoo! It'll be a nice consolation prize since I missed out on the state rebate.

Heds up...
Southern California Edison $450 rebate is in!
https://www.scecleanfuel.com/

I applied last 2 weeks ago.

Back