update on my e-golf quest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billev

I posted earlier about my experience with e-golf rental from Turo. Loved the car in many ways, but thought it was a bit small for me (am 6'4) and the seat wasnt comfortable.

I just leased a 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid. 30.2K base price, negotiated to 25.4K, then got lease for 310 a month w/ nothing down.

Love the Accord Hybrid so far. Quiet, smooth, spacious. No sun roof on the base hybrid, so my head has decent room. Averaging 47 mpg. 212 HP and 228ft/lb makes it decently quick.

However, I dont get the lovely electric motor feeling except when rolling around in a parking lot. The battery is only 1.3kwh. EV mode is just there for for Honda to say it has one I think. No real purpose, as it self cancels at any real demand for power.

Still, the accord hybrid is a quite practical and efficient ride. Fairly lux inside as well. And with range of about 650mi per tank, I dont get range anxiety.

If the e-golf was 1 to 1.5" or so taller,I'd probably have one. Probably have bought a 2015 SEL Premium for about 16 or so from a dealer. :lol:

Back