CCS chargers in the Los Angeles area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAeGolf

I took this snapshot from PlugShare on Oct. 27, 2014 - there were 8 CCS chargers showing at that time

CCSSAE8chargersasofOct272014_zps2a761b04.jpg

And here is a link as of today, Dec. 1, 2014 - 16 charger showing now

34c32b01-32f3-4834-b6cd-b80639d486e4_zpsa7897acb.jpg

Let's hope this list continues growing.

Very cool... hope to see the same on the east coast :) I am waiting for the first to arrive!

Below is a picture of CCS chargers as of January 1, 2015 -- 23 chargers showing now

CCSSAE23chargersasofJan12015_zpsc2520442.jpg

LAeGolf said:
Below is a picture of CCS chargers as of January 1, 2015 -- 23 chargers showing now

Most of them are run by NRG right? Did you pay the $5 and sign up for their network?

NRG eVgo seems to be the main one around LA, I signed up for the Flex plan, so there is no monthly charge. Most of the time I'll charge at work or home, so I don't expect to use it a lot, but I'll have it just in case.

LAeGolf said:
NRG eVgo seems to be the main one around LA, I signed up for the Flex plan, so there is no monthly charge. Most of the time I'll charge at work or home, so I don't expect to use it a lot, but I'll have it just in case.

Same here. I think having access to a DC fast charger might come in handy in a pinch.

Did you guys pay the $4.95 "setup fee"? I really have no intention of using NRG chargers, but it's probably a good idea to have access in a pinch... and it seems like that requires me signing up for a receiving a card in the mail. It seems like they would want to give away their card for free so that users like me would be able to charge in a pinch (and pay their pretty high one-time charging fee). Anyway, I'll probably pay the $5, but just wondered if there is some deal I missed before I do so!

I've signed up for their "Flex" plan, yes there was a 1 time $4.95 set-up fee, but there is no monthly charge if I don't use it. That $5 does give me a piece of mind, although I may only use it once in a while.

This looks promising. Here in the NE, not so much. Lots of Tesla and ChaDemo, but it looks like the nearest combo plugged chargers are 175 miles away. That NRG you mention, is that something regional or national? (so far I have been looking in Chargepoint for level 3's, can't figure out how to get plugshare to filter as needed, so I am well aware that I may be missing some).

As far as I know NRG eVgo is in California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

For Plugshare, under "Legend" in the upper right, click "More Options" -- this will bring up "Settings". Un-check everything but "SAE Combo DCFC".

Nissan and ChaDeMo had a 4 year head start, it will take some time for CCS to catch up. But I think with BMW making the fast charging standard equipment on the i3 starting with the 2015 model year, there will (hopefully) be a big push on their part. They said they will make an announcement next week at the Detroit auto show regarding this.

Thats what I figured. Didn't realize the I3 fast charge was an optional extra. We didn't do more than drive by the BMW dealer, Sue's opinion was "hit with the ugly stick" mostly due to the two-toned paint.

The nearest level 3's are BMW dealers, with a random parking lot in VT as the home of the next closest.

Back