110v charger bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When shopping other brands of EV's prior to selecting the eGolf, we noticed that the 110v charging units invariably came in an attractive and more substantial nylon storage bag or tote.

Under the section "Charging cable", Page 258 of the instruction manual, it states on page 261..."Keep the charging cable......safely in its bag in the luggage compartment".

Our car did not have a bag with it and the dealer is saying there isn't any such bag, only the plastic packing one. Does anyone have a different experience, and got a more appropriate storage bag for the unit than the poly one?
Thanks

No bag with mine.
One thing to note is that the manual may have written for other countries as well. There is mention of additional items that the US version does not have, such as storage drawer under the drivers seat, a MUTE button, etc.

No bag with mine either. Doesn't really seem necessary though. Wrap the cord in the straps, tuck it in the trunk compartment under the main trunk space, and you're good to go.

No bag with mines either, I was a little disappointed in the trunk storage compartments.

Chevy Volt has a nice setup
http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/alternative/1103_2011_nissan_leaf_vs_2011_chevrolet_volt/36218934/chevrolet-volt-cargo-area.jpg

I picked up my Limestone Gray yesterday. It didn't even have a plastic bag. Just the charging cord, which was a Clipper Creek. The cord wraps neatly around the unit, and since it's going to be mounted on the garage wall most of the time, I'm not sure why a fabric bag would be necessary.

It's ironic that a day earlier, I debated on a 240V Juicebox or Clipper Creek wall charger to take advantage of the tax credit ending 12/31/2014. I finally ordered the Cripple Creek hard wired unit, so I'm glad to see VW is using Cripple Creek for their 110V connection

cove3 said:
I picked up my Limestone Gray yesterday. It didn't even have a plastic bag. Just the charging cord, which was a Clipper Creek. The cord wraps neatly around the unit, and since it's going to be mounted on the garage wall most of the time, I'm not sure why a fabric bag would be necessary.

It's ironic that a day earlier, I debated on a 240V Juicebox or Clipper Creek wall charger to take advantage of the tax credit ending 12/31/2014. I finally ordered the Cripple Creek hard wired unit, so I'm glad to see VW is using Cripple Creek for their 110V connection
which model did you order?

I ordered the hcs-40 hard wired. The plug in hcs-40p costs 54 more and uses a 50 amp plug for the unit box to plug into, as there is no 40amp plug. This requires a 50 amp circuit breaker. If one wants to take the unit when they move, you just disconnect 3 wires and cap them off, but I feel it would be a selling feature.

Ron

cove3 said:
I ordered the hcs-40 hard wired. I discovered a real problem with the plug in hcs-40p besides costing 54 more. Which is that it uses a 50amp plug for the unit box to plug into, as there is no 40amp plug. However, this requires a 50amp circuit which would require 3 20amp slots of your fuse box, otherwise it wouldn't be up to code. If one wants to take the unit when they move, you just disconnect 3 wires and cap them off, but I feel it would be a selling feature.

Ron

nice, I have a CS-40. I like it

Back