Former Vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgentEG

Curious to know what vehicles people are migrating over from.

Me- 2008 Trailblazer SS- 12mpg
Wife drive Volt and averages 130mpg lifetime

This is me below!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc6keIjI06I

2011 Audi A5 - I only work 7 miles from home, but it takes me 30 minutes, in LA traffic. I was averaging 15 mpg, my registration was coming up, needed new tires, so I sold it and got the e-Golf. Only had it 3 days, but I'm confident I've made the right decision.

2011 Nissan Leaf. I'm pretty sure the e-golf is one of the best cars there is for LA traffic after a month of driving the area. I can't think of one thing that I like better in the Leaf - just really impressed with the eGolf.

2010 GTI. I thought I might miss the performance, but so far the 0-30 performance of the e-Golf has me smiling all the time. I have a 7 minute commute and never really exploited the GTI performance even with my previous commute.

2011 A4 Avant. Still have it. I average 26mpg with this car unless I have a lead foot that day then it drops a lot.

eGolf for daily commuting.

Been an Audi/VW fan since my first VW which was a Corrado. Was ecstatic when I first heard word of the eGolf. Had been contacting the dealership for months. Test drove it and had to have it.

Wife sold 2008 BMW328I Coupe. 17 mile commute to Westwood from south bay, 1.5 hours in the evening. About 18 mpg. Between Waze and hov lane sticker, cut time in half. No regrets about switching to eGolf but delay charging not working through carnet a big problem. SAAB 9.3 ARC convertible for longer trips and sunny weekends, it still gets 30 mpg.

2001 Prius. Was seriously considering the plug in prius, but they are apparently unavailable as new. Sue hated my brothers Volt, so we didn't bother trying it. (wimpy heat)

rjnerd said:
2001 Prius. Was seriously considering the plug in prius, but they are apparently unavailable as new. Sue hated my brothers Volt, so we didn't bother trying it. (wimpy heat)

the heat defaults to eco mode on the volt, you have to switch the climate to comfort for real heat.

the heat defaults to eco mode on the volt, you have to switch the climate to comfort for real heat.

He did have the heat in high gear. Still cold. (and she was in the back seat, so no butt warmer)

Talked to him yesterday, after getting back from signing papers. He said one thing being debated on the usual volt fora, was a 3 way valve in the heating system, Its supposed to isolate the engine coolant loop from the electric bit. Theory is that they are sticking, so you are dumping kw into warming the engine block along with the cabin.

Back