Roof rack options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kataleen

Hey guys, I've been spending some time lately researching a roof rack solution to carry my skis on my 2017 eGolf. I know from other posts that VW sells a base mount (I believe the part number is 5G4071126) and also a ski rack (000071129M).
I guess my question is, does anybody have experience with any other "more affordable" options out there?
And a second question that would help me find alternatives, do the mounts that fit the 2017 eGolf also fit the MK7 regular Golf?

Thanks!

AFAIK, the only part of the eGolf's body structure that is unique is the floor pan, to accommodate the batteries, so floor mats are unique for the eGolf. Everything else appears identical to the gas and diesel versions of the 5 door Golf, right down to the size and placement of the fuel filler which was repurposed as the charging port for the eGolf. (The front bumper is unique to the eGolf but I don't see why you can't swap that out with one from say a GTI.)

The part number for the base is the same for both a regular 5 door Golf and the eGolf (5G4071126).

Back