New to the team!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1485

Hi all!

Just picked up my 2017 SEL last week, and this seems to be the best forum for us :) I LOVE my e-Golf so far, and was pretty excited to use a ChargePoint location for the first time today haha!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, and looking forward to posting with you all!

Tim

Where are you located, and would you mind sharing basic information about the dealer you worked with? Helps people better understand e-Golf availability and pricing.

johnnylingo said:
Where are you located, and would you mind sharing basic information about the dealer you worked with? Helps people better understand e-Golf availability and pricing.

Sure thing, sorry about that. I'm up near San Francisco, and got it from Royal Auto VW in the city. They were really great to work with, but have been a little slow on the post-sale responses (no surprise there). I actually decided to buy, which, I know, is probably not smart, but I got $8K off MSRP + 0% for 60 months, and will be able to take advantage of the federal credit (money I would have had to pay regardless).

I don't think you'll have any regrets about buying at the numbers you came in at. Leases for the SELs are going close to $400/mo, so to get one at over 20% off MSRP and zero interest you've scored an amazing deal and essentially are getting a free car for the next two years. The e-Golfs have held their value better than expected and I certainly wished I'd bought mine in hindsight.

Royal is the parent company of VW San Francisco. Looks like they don't have any e-Golfs in stock right now, which seems to be the norm.

Don't forget about all the rebates and incentives.

$7,500 Federal Tax Credit
$2,500 State Rebate
$500 PG&E Clean Fuel Rebate

miimura said:

$2,500 State Rebate

For sure! As soon as I get my registration I'm sending in for the PG&E rebate. Might need to wait until I'm married to claim the $2,500 state rebate, though.

timh18 said:
miimura said:

$2,500 State Rebate

For sure! As soon as I get my registration I'm sending in for the PG&E rebate. Might need to wait until I'm married to claim the $2,500 state rebate, though.
They go by your last filed tax return and you only have 18 months to apply for the rebate. The limit is now $150k Single, based on specific lines on your federal tax return.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility

Do you know if it's my last filed from when I bought it? Or last filed from when I submit the rebate request?

timh18 said:
Or last filed from when I submit the rebate request?

It's essentially this, I just can't remember if it's date submitted or date they receive it. But point is, if you filed as single and had over $150k gross income in 2017 you'll want to wait until 2018 taxes are done so any income or filing status changes are official.

I'm in the same boat as I'm in a career change and considering marriage in the coming year. It's been a real headache because I'm now trying to base decisions on this stupid rebate, which will ironically delay getting a new EV - the exact opposite of this rebate's intent.

FYI, dropping the income limit was Kevin De Leon's ingenious idea :roll:

Just don't put off the proposal/marriage, I don't think your future wife would like that decision being based off of you buying another e-Golf! :lol:

Back