Just received my 2016 e-golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob2s

I sadly bought it sight unseen. It came with one key, dealer said there were 2. It came without the rear parcel shelf. The selling dealer says it was an option that my car didn't have, despite there being clear wear on the pivot points where the shelf fits. Why would a car come without it ? Also, there is no jack ?
Thanks !

I believe the cargo area shelf is included. It's the cargo net that's optional (but cheap like $15 on eBay). And yes it should come with two sets of keys.

The tire kit should be can of fix-a-flat, pump, and a little hook adapter so the car can be pulled on to a flatbed. Got to see it in action this weekend :lol:

towing-20180521104544.jpg

Thanks ! ANd ouch on the photo, was it a flat ?
flat.jpg

johnnylingo said:
I believe the cargo area shelf is included. It's the cargo net that's optional (but cheap like $15 on eBay). And yes it should come with two sets of keys.

Can't recall exactly what's in the tire kit, but know it comes with a little adapter so the car can be pulled on to a flatbed. Got to see it in action this weekend :lol:

The cargo shelf is included on all eGolfs; on Leafs it's a dealer accessory on all but the top trim level.

Unfortunately what the OP experienced is a hazard of buying sight-unseen.

The cargo shelf has a list price of about $370.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2016_e-Golf-SE/Cargo-Cover-Rear-wR-or-e-GOLF/65137081/5G6867769GEH8.html

You can find it under $250 online.

miimura said:
The cargo shelf has a list price of about $370. You can find it under $250 online.

The shelf I believe is the same for all MK7 Golfs; it's not e-Golf specific. Oddly there's some on eBay from a UK seller closer to $100 albeit international shipping would be required obviously.

Back