Sunvisor Airbag Stickers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob2s

I do this on all my cars, so I thought I'd mention it here because I found out something funny (to me). There are forums that recommend using acetone to remove those stickers, but it whacks the vinyl, plus it is best to remove the visor which requires hacking needlenose pliers or buying the vw tool do it. I borrowed a bluetooth colormatch device from a friend ($50 amazon) and it gives you the color-hex/RGB #'s and even the colors from major paint manufacturers and scores those paints on how it best matches. In this case it is hard because the surface is not smooth and it appears to be 2 colors. Here comes the funny part, the Benjamin Moore color that it best matches comes on a sample card that is the exact same size as the airbag label. If you could find a light heat resistant adhesive....I on the other hand made a paint sample. I painted the entire floor facing surface of the visor (in closed position) on the driver's side and just the label on the other. Not sure which I prefer.
v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v3.jpg

v4.jpg

v5.jpg

v6.jpg

Oh no! what about the safety of the Mechanic that works on the vehicle who would not be aware that the vehicle is equipped with air bags ..... ;-) or if you lend the car or sell it to someone from Mars who has no Fn clue vehicles have air bags ..... stupid stickers and Government ....

Kosta said:
Oh no! what about the safety .....
You must be very brave to drive around in your airbagless British Leyland conveyance without stickers indicating 'No Airbags'!

How funny—the English and the Spanish names of that Benjamin Moore paint color try to conjure up some poetic visuals to evoke the right gray color (“Cape May Cobblestone”). The French translation, by contrast, is brutally honest: “Mouse Gray.” Come to.think of it, that describes the cloth upholstery in many cars! ;-)

currentlydriving said:
Come to.think of it, that describes the cloth upholstery in many cars! ;-)
But my last mercedes would be gris souris foncé ! It would be hard to do satire on US English paint names. Feathered Reptilian Lace.
In French that would be menthe verte ;-)

ob2s said:
Kosta said:
Oh no! what about the safety .....
You must be very brave to drive around in your airbagless British Leyland conveyance without stickers indicating 'No Airbags'!

no airbags other than the driver, no computers cupholders or catalytic converters - Lucas prince of darkness electrics - the struggle is real ... the lap belt gives one a false sense of security

Back