Occasional poor HVAC cooling only via Car-net

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rd7575

I'm curious as to whether anyone else occasionally gets hot or only vaguely-cool air when engaging climate control via Car-net. When this works correctly, it's a fantastic feature for a hot Alabama summer. However, about 1/3 of the time, I get into a hot cabin to find the fan on a lower speed with minimal cooling. I always set the app temp to something in the 60 - 70 degree F range, but there's of course nothing displayed on the dash with the car off. I'm not sure whether this happens when it's hotter out (> 90F) or if that's when I'm more likely to notice it. Once I start the car, cooling works exactly as expected.

I have only used it twice to cool the car and was disappointed that it didn't. Got in and the unit was on but no cold air, even though the car was plugged in to level 2 charger. However I have had great success warming up the car on chilly nights.

SocaleGolf said:
I have only used it twice to cool the car and was disappointed that it didn't. Got in and the unit was on but no cold air, even though the car was plugged in to level 2 charger. However I have had great success warming up the car on chilly nights.

At least I have that to look forward to! :D

I found a code related to climate control and the charge status of the 12V battery. It may be completely unrelated, but I'm going to see if it reoccurs the next time I walk out to an unexpectedly hot car. Clearly, the car is getting the signal to turn on the AC. That your 2017 displays similar behavior suggests it's not software-related.

Back