Is service required for warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

My 2016 SE only has 6k miles, but it will be two years old in December. It's never been back to the dealer for service. I'm wondering if there are any concerns about the warranty if I wait another year or two. I have read and re-read the warranty/maintenance manual, which is ambiguous on this issue. As far as I can see there is nothing relevant in the warranty section. In the maintenance section under the heading `why maintenance?' it states that `Failure to follow recommended maintenance services and intervals may result in a denial of your warranty coverage. Please see the warranty section .. for further details.' Perhaps it's significant that `may' is used here, not `will'.
It's logical that any irresponsible service or neglect of obvious problems (like changing the oil on an ICE) would justify voiding the warranty, but none of the service items in the 10k and 20k lists seem to be related in any way with the age of the car. And obviously it's not necessary to go to the dealer to check the charge level of the high voltage battery, and charge it if necessary!

I would assume that if you dont have any warnings or check engine lights it should be fine . You do have very low mileage .

Back