Miles Per KW resets on 2018 SEL DAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryMW

Hi Guys and Gals

I have a 2018 SEL DAP and it's been doing the weirdest thing.

I drive from Concord to San Francisco every day 33 miles each way.
I park the car in the city and when I return to the car to go home, the Miles Per KiloWatt "Since Charge" has reset itself.
As if it had been placed back on charge at some time during the day.
It does not do it every day and there appears to be no Rhyme, reason, or trend.

I'm wondering if any others are seeing the same issue?

Thanks

Barry

BTW - you know who you are... don't tell me to read the manual, or go to the dealer, not put it on charge, or any other of your less than helpful comments... Thanks

I sometimes, by accident, turning the steering wheel, bump mine in the dashboard reading from Miles since Recharge to Miles since Start or Miles Long Term, with one of the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel. I never have that kind of change showing up on the infotainment center, that's always a manual bump by pushing one of the left or arrows right.

Good luck with getting your situation resolved.

My infotainment center always defaults to Miles since Start, BTW, if the car sits parked, for over 2 hours.

Yes you can cycle through Extended, Charge, & Start with the push button in the middle of the arrows on RHS of steering wheel.

I tried parking car in each of these modes, no difference, still randomly resets.

Barry

BarryMW said:
Yes you can cycle through Extended, Charge, & Start with the push button in the middle of the arrows on RHS of steering wheel.

I tried parking car in each of these modes, no difference, still randomly resets.

Barry

Call VW Customer Care, 800 822-8987, and see if they can help get it resolved between you and your dealership. Enough 2017 owners complain about it, something will get done.

It's better to take an e-Golf in for service to a dealership that sells a lot of e-Golfs and has a master certified technician on e-Golfs in house. Think VW dealerships in Silicon Valley, if you can get down that way.

BTW, how did you get a 2018 SEL with DAP sold to you, here in the USA? ???? That would either be a first, or you work or test for VWofA, or it's a 2017 ?

Voltron said:
I've noticed the same thing on mine (same car - 2017 SEL with DAP).

+1, also with a 2017 SEL with DAP.

I haven't identified any particular pattern to the resets. I'm taking my car in this week for another issue, and I'll report resets as a problem as well. The squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease if the grease monkey doesn't hear the squeak.

-john

JT,
You’re correct. My SEL DAP is a 2017 model I leased in March of 2018.
I noticed they were disappearing right quick and returned my 2015 SEL 2 months early.
Even got the color I wanted.

Sorry to disappoint.

Barry

BarryMW said:
JT,
You’re correct. My SEL DAP is a 2017 model I leased in March of 2018.
I noticed they were disappearing right quick and returned my 2015 SEL 2 months early.
Even got the color I wanted.

Sorry to disappoint.

Barry

No disappointment... you're lucky, you've got a gen II battery in a Mk VII Golf chassis, with more range. You were paying attention, and got one. Sounds like other than this blip, you're pretty happy with it.

SUMMARY
2017 model, leased in 2018, SEL DAP
I drive to work 8am, I drive home 5pm, I charge overnight.

Description
The Miles/KW Since Charge does funny things...
During the day at work, M/KW Since Charge sometimes resets itself, despite no charging having taken place.
In the morning after a full charge, it does not always reset to Zero and retains yesterdays average.

Fix (fingers crossed)
Had my 20,000 service today and queried the issue.......
"TSB 93-18-06 Update Flash for BD module the high voltage battery charge management module needs update. Performed update flash BD module."

I'll report back in a week or so if it really did fix it.

Barry

Back