Advice for newbie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all!

New eGolf owner here (got it today) - UK. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

I have previously owned a Renault Zoe and the eGolf is quite different (in good ways). First question is how to charge overnight, but looking through the forums it looks like I need to set a departure time.

Thank you!

Jon

Pro tip #1. Sit in your car and read the owners manual, until you are familiar with the operation of it's features.

Drive it like you stole it!

P.S. - The owner's manual is way too damn long for this car.

P.P.S. - welcome to the e-Golf family!

I am a newbie as well and have been enjoying my 2016 Night Blue Metalic SE for around 45 days. I've been driving in every mode with different regen levels going, and finally figured out the key to optimal distance on a charge. I figured out that you can't be lazy and expect the maximum distance per charge is in the eco 2 setting with max regen, it's not. The key is to be in eco mode 2 but when at highway speeds make sure you are in no regen mode to allow the car to basically coast when at the desired speed and if braking is required then move the gear shift to the left to get the desired braking then push the gear selector back to no regen to allow your wheels to continue rolling freely. I did this for the past couple of days and have increased my average distance per charge from around 73 miles to just about 111. I hope you find this useful.

Back