Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Article about e-Golf ownership in AutoTrader.ca
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:03 am 

Great read!

Expensive for you to install a home charger? I am UK based and with government grant it was about £200-£300 total.

I think your driving experience is similar to mine, with range etc. It's getting colder in the UK and if I want a warm journey I lose about 5% of range.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 am 

astromouse wrote:
Great read!

Expensive for you to install a home charger? I am UK based and with government grant it was about £200-£300 total.

I think your driving experience is similar to mine, with range etc. It's getting colder in the UK and if I want a warm journey I lose about 5% of range.

Unfortunately, government subsidies in the province of British Columbia were unavailable at the time I installed my wallcharger. The provincial government allocates a certain amount of money and when it's depleted, the program is over. Free money from the government tends to go fast. But yes, the price of the charger, the labour to install it, the municipal inspection fee, and the taxes all add up!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:36 pm 

The link to the article no longer works :(

I'll try another time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 pm 

SSi3 wrote:
The link to the article no longer works :(

I'll try another time.

Try the link again. I tried it and it took a few seconds to load, but it did work.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:43 am 

I saw the steps of how to set a minimal charge. How does one set the maximum charge on a 2017?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:35 pm 

johnskb wrote:
I saw the steps of how to set a minimal charge. How does one set the maximum charge on a 2017?

Someone in this forum with a 2017 may know, but the easiest way might be to try phoning the Service Manager at the dealership where you bought your e-Golf.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:29 pm 

CaptainVancouver wrote:
johnskb wrote:

Someone in this forum with a 2017 may know, but the easiest way might be to try phoning the Service Manager at the dealership where you bought your e-Golf.

LOL. Expecting dealer personnel to be helpful with this is way beyond my expectations.

Try this video. http://www.knowyourvw.com/?page=video&i ... oplay=5610

The Max Charge Level is part of the Charging Location Profile. In order to use it, you have to set up a Departure Time event. If you don't use the timer routinely, for example if you don't have Time of Use rates where you live, then you can use the Minimum Charge Level as you Maximum Charge Level and set one weekend Departure Timer. This technique works because every time you plug in, it will charge to your Minimum Charge Level (say 90%), then wait until it's time to charge for your one Departure event to charge the rest of the way. Most days, that time never arrives before you unplug and drive away, so the Min level effectively becomes your Max level.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:30 pm 

miimura wrote:
CaptainVancouver wrote:
johnskb wrote:

LOL. Expecting dealer personnel to be helpful with this is way beyond my expectations.

This! The dealership where I got my eGolf was totally clueless about the car. This forum provides way more info than you’ll ever get at a dealership.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:55 am 

Miimura,
Thanks for that link to the video. That clearly shows how to set the maximum. My 2017 is 1 year old now and for the first 10k miles, I was just doing full charges but going forward my default will be 80%.