Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am
Posts: 11
Hi, I have 2018 e-Golf. I'm trying to figure out the preheating in various scenarios. I can get it working while not plugged in but I'm not sure it's working properly. I set temp in the settings to Max, but it warms up the car with only a small trickle of heated air through the front windshield vent. No air comes through main vents like I'd expect.

Is this correct behavior? It does not heat like when I'm driving the car.

Thanks

_________________
2018 E-Golf Comfortline. White. Canada.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 2105
I'd give the owners manual a good reading, to figure it out. Or take it to the dealership and have them show you how it is supposed to function.

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am
Posts: 11
JoulesThief wrote:
I'd give the owners manual a good reading, to figure it out. Or take it to the dealership and have them show you how it is supposed to function.


Seems like the kind of question anyone with experience would be able to answer. I've read the manual and it doesn't say whether main vents should be active or not.

_________________
2018 E-Golf Comfortline. White. Canada.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 2105
Tom2018egolf wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:
I'd give the owners manual a good reading, to figure it out. Or take it to the dealership and have them show you how it is supposed to function.


Seems like the kind of question anyone with experience would be able to answer. I've read the manual and it doesn't say whether main vents should be active or not.


Any idea, right now, how many 2018 e-Golfs have been sold, with experienced owners? It's only been for sale 2 months. SHM.

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 pm
Posts: 1202
Location: Los Altos, CA
JoulesThief wrote:
Tom2018egolf wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:
I'd give the owners manual a good reading, to figure it out. Or take it to the dealership and have them show you how it is supposed to function.


Seems like the kind of question anyone with experience would be able to answer. I've read the manual and it doesn't say whether main vents should be active or not.


Any idea, right now, how many 2018 e-Golfs have been sold, with experienced owners? It's only been for sale 2 months. SHM.

His sig says he's in Canada. They have been delivering 2018 e-Golfs there since February 2018. The problem is that there are not many Canadian owners on this forum.

_________________
2015 e-Golf LE (returned) | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 2012 RAV4 EV Shoreline w/JdeMO | Leviton EVB40 & Jesla Home Charging | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV + 2x Powerwall 2 AC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am
Posts: 11
I'd assume behavior would be the same as earlier models that come equipped with preheating. Any 2015-17 owners know if main vents come on during preheating? Or is it a slow trickle through windshield vents?

_________________
2018 E-Golf Comfortline. White. Canada.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 32
That is the way Egolf 2018 works on pre-aircondition .( or at least my 2018 experiences in Canada)
Doesn't matter how you set or want, 15 minutes before the preset time, the heat pump will work, bring the inside temperature to 22 oC. Both on summer ( cool down) or winter ( heat up).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 am
Posts: 11
dephan wrote:
That is the way Egolf 2018 works on pre-aircondition .( or at least my 2018 experiences in Canada)
Doesn't matter how you set or want, 15 minutes before the preset time, the heat pump will work, bring the inside temperature to 22 oC. Both on summer ( cool down) or winter ( heat up).


Thanks for responding! That's all I wanted to know. It's nice to know this is normal behavior.

_________________
2018 E-Golf Comfortline. White. Canada.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 pm
Posts: 2105
Tom2018egolf wrote:
dephan wrote:
That is the way Egolf 2018 works on pre-aircondition .( or at least my 2018 experiences in Canada)
Doesn't matter how you set or want, 15 minutes before the preset time, the heat pump will work, bring the inside temperature to 22 oC. Both on summer ( cool down) or winter ( heat up).


Thanks for responding! That's all I wanted to know. It's nice to know this is normal behavior.


You can change that default value, also, so that it remembers your last setting. do a search on hvac 72F

_________________
2015 e-Golf SEL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am
Posts: 10
JoulesThief wrote:
Tom2018egolf wrote:
dephan wrote:
That is the way Egolf 2018 works on pre-aircondition .( or at least my 2018 experiences in Canada)
Doesn't matter how you set or want, 15 minutes before the preset time, the heat pump will work, bring the inside temperature to 22 oC. Both on summer ( cool down) or winter ( heat up).


Thanks for responding! That's all I wanted to know. It's nice to know this is normal behavior.


You can change that default value, also, so that it remembers your last setting. do a search on hvac 72F


The HVAC 72f thing is a 2015 specific thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Volkswagen e-Golf Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group