Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:29 pm 

Hi, I have 2018 e-Golf. I'm trying to figure out the preheating in various scenarios. I can get it working while not plugged in but I'm not sure it's working properly. I set temp in the settings to Max, but it warms up the car with only a small trickle of heated air through the front windshield vent. No air comes through main vents like I'd expect.

Is this correct behavior? It does not heat like when I'm driving the car.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Newbie preheating question
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:07 pm 

I'd give the owners manual a good reading, to figure it out. Or take it to the dealership and have them show you how it is supposed to function.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:00 pm 

JoulesThief wrote:
I'd give the owners manual a good reading, to figure it out. Or take it to the dealership and have them show you how it is supposed to function.

Seems like the kind of question anyone with experience would be able to answer. I've read the manual and it doesn't say whether main vents should be active or not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:09 pm 

Tom2018egolf wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:

Seems like the kind of question anyone with experience would be able to answer. I've read the manual and it doesn't say whether main vents should be active or not.

Any idea, right now, how many 2018 e-Golfs have been sold, with experienced owners? It's only been for sale 2 months. SHM.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:24 pm 

JoulesThief wrote:
Tom2018egolf wrote:
JoulesThief wrote:

Any idea, right now, how many 2018 e-Golfs have been sold, with experienced owners? It's only been for sale 2 months. SHM.

His sig says he's in Canada. They have been delivering 2018 e-Golfs there since February 2018. The problem is that there are not many Canadian owners on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:49 pm 

I'd assume behavior would be the same as earlier models that come equipped with preheating. Any 2015-17 owners know if main vents come on during preheating? Or is it a slow trickle through windshield vents?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:20 pm 

That is the way Egolf 2018 works on pre-aircondition .( or at least my 2018 experiences in Canada)
Doesn't matter how you set or want, 15 minutes before the preset time, the heat pump will work, bring the inside temperature to 22 oC. Both on summer ( cool down) or winter ( heat up).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm 

dephan wrote:
That is the way Egolf 2018 works on pre-aircondition .( or at least my 2018 experiences in Canada)
Doesn't matter how you set or want, 15 minutes before the preset time, the heat pump will work, bring the inside temperature to 22 oC. Both on summer ( cool down) or winter ( heat up).

Thanks for responding! That's all I wanted to know. It's nice to know this is normal behavior.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:10 am 

Tom2018egolf wrote:
dephan wrote:

Thanks for responding! That's all I wanted to know. It's nice to know this is normal behavior.

You can change that default value, also, so that it remembers your last setting. do a search on hvac 72F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:55 pm 

JoulesThief wrote:
Tom2018egolf wrote:
dephan wrote:

You can change that default value, also, so that it remembers your last setting. do a search on hvac 72F

The HVAC 72f thing is a 2015 specific thing.