Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Car-Net expiring
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am 

So I just got an email that my complimentary Car-Net subscription is ending because I've had the car for 3 years.

The way I read what I lose if I don't pay them I won't be able to check charging status unless I sit in the car and check and also I will no longer be able to setup charging schedule, am I right?

I don't care about the roadside service or setting the temp before I get in the car but the charging stuff is important.

Thanks

Using included 110 charger
Android phone

Post subject: Re: Car-Net expiring
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:57 am 

Wannabeswede wrote:
So I just got an email that my complimentary Car-Net subscription is ending because I've had the car for 3 years.

The way I read what I lose if I don't pay them I won't be able to check charging status unless I sit in the car and check and also I will no longer be able to setup charging schedule, am I right?

I don't care about the roadside service or setting the temp before I get in the car but the charging stuff is important.

Thanks
Complain to VW America Customer Service. There is no other way to set the charging parameters on a 2015, so they should provide ongoing access.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:38 am 

miimura wrote:
Wannabeswede wrote:

Thanks
Complain to VW America Customer Service. There is no other way to set the charging parameters on a 2015, so they should provide ongoing access.

Ok, thanks for the info

Using included 110 charger
Android phone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:59 am 

Wannabeswede wrote:
miimura wrote:
Wannabeswede wrote:

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the info

Please report back the outcome. There have been various responses from VWoA and Car-Net about the 2015s which put some of the EV user interface on Car-Net only (such as setting the charge timer, etc.). I was told by Car-Net the basic EV functions would be renewed ongoing for the 2015s but who knows if that will really be the case.

1983 Audi Ur Quattro "the garage queen" looks pretty and appreciates daily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:48 pm 

Well my Car-Net account expired. Time will tell if the charging schedule that was in place will continue.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:25 am 

vwsickness wrote:
Well my Car-Net account expired. Time will tell if the charging schedule that was in place will continue.

You don't need a paid sub to get to the charging schedule features. Mine expired over a year ago and I still am able to use the schedule and climate control functions (from the web interface at least - don't get me started on that app!)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:19 pm 

Not true for me. At 3 years there is a hard cutoff. No access at all, the schedules that were set are stuck forever according to VW. The car is 2015, but was purchased new a year ago, 1st owner. Doesn't matter, VW says the dealer used the car so it is 3 years. VW sucks on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:33 pm 

Talked to VW. They say too bad, no access, nothing. I can't even log in on car-net. Can't set preheat, charging schedule, charging amount. Can't check charge level. Basically it doesn't function as it should. VW says they won't do anything about it, an absolute NO.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:54 pm 

bravo0123 wrote:
Not true for me. At 3 years there is a hard cutoff. No access at all, the schedules that were set are stuck forever according to VW. The car is 2015, but was purchased new a year ago, 1st owner. Doesn't matter, VW says the dealer used the car so it is 3 years. VW sucks on this one.

If the charging schedule sticks, I can live without CarNet. Would be better to be able to have 90% charge levels set for certain seasons but having the charge go to 100% isn't the end of the world either. This is the biggest shortsighted design feature of the 2015 models. I find it hard to believe they can't update the software to have charging features in the infotainment like the 2016 and later cars.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 am 

My subscription ran out on the 29th and I can also confirm that I immediately lost access to CarNet.