High Miles Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msvphoto

Some of our eGolfs will soon be venturing into the unknown of high miles. Post up what your current mileage is, how your range is doing, and what issues you have experienced so far...

I'll start with 2015 SEL, just passed 45k miles, range seems about the same as when we bought the car at ~31k miles, issues so far include getting some hardware replaced for compatibility with Clippercreek EVSE and squeaking brakes when cold (which we ignore). So far this has been an excellent car for us.

2015 SEL here as well. Just checked on Carnet (which I still have for free - don't hate me! LOL) and I'm at 48,577 miles.

I bought the car used with 9K miles in June 2016 from a California BMW dealer that took it on trade. Haven't done any accurate calculations, but range is down to ~72 miles. Hoping the Phoenix heat kills the battery sooner rather than later so I get to go toe-to-toe with VW for a replacement!

Issues so far include:
1) Terrifying 12V battery failure - the car bucks like a bronco - no warning in advance, no graceful way to stop travel. You cannot just replace it yourself either unless you have VCDS or equivalent, as you have to adapt the new battery to the car. Engineers completely dropped the ball on this one.
2) Volume control on head unit behaving oddly - turning counterclockwise causes volume to INCREASE for one-or-two detents before decreasing the volume.
3) Replaced tires due to normal wear - switched from Continentals to Michelin Energy Saver, much happier with all aspects of new tire.
4) About to get windshield replaced for a second time - for some reason the highway rocks love to hit me.

I still love this car, love driving it everyday. If I could do two things, I'd drive it until the wheels fell off: Switch to a newer, larger-screened head unit that supported Carplay, and increase to a larger capacity traction battery.

Back