JDapter Stub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Felix said:
Hi there,
I am planning to use Tesla chargers for my sGolf. Any of you have any experiences with this JDapter Stub ?
I don't have any experience with the Jdapter, but I do have one of the company's J1772 extension cables; it's well built and works great.

Out of curiosity, what sorts of Tesla chargers do you intend to use in Canada? I assume that you need the Jdapter for a Tesla EVSE or Tesla Destination chargers that are convenient to your location and that you know that Tesla SuperChargers (the DC fast chargers) can only be used by Tesla vehicles. There are no adapters or anything else that will allow a non-Tesla vehicle to charge on a SuperCharger. The Jdapter is not meant for use with SuperChargers

Felix said:
Where do I buy it in Canada?
Looks like the place you link to ships to Canada.

I am all aware no other e-cars but Tesla can be supercharged. That was not my question. I already have the Tesla wall charger installed, which, by the way, is less than half of price of the one that VW recommends, I am only considering to keep mine and use it.The stub I was referring to is handy to use at home or keep in your car and use it to Tesla CONVENINECE chargers only, but it is expensive.

Yes, the site in subject do sell to Canada but shipping and currency conversion makes the product expensive. I will make myself one, just like the chap selling it:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/J-Wall-80-T...ash=item3fb866b9bf:g:QIIAAOSw9D1cT5jQ&vxp=mtr.
This will be way cheaper. The head itself is only a hundred bucks.

Thanks

Good luck! I’d be interested to know how difficult it is to wire one up yourself, so report back the details after you’ve done it if you don’t mind.

Back