Auto lock feature?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preilly44

I thought the car had an auto lock feature (when you leave the vehicle) but I can't find it. Can you set up the car to lock the doors when you leave automatically?

There's an option in the car settings menu to enable "lock automatically", but even after setting it i'm pretty sure mine doesn't lock automatically. I've left the keys in the house a few times to try, and the car is never locked, so I always just lock manually now.

I just did an online chat with VW about this. I cannot be sure the agent I spoke with knows for sure, but I was told that the "lock automatically" option is in fact an option to lock the car automatically when driving. I was told there is no option to lock the car automatically when you walk away from the vehicle.

Unless there is a keypad to get back in the vehicle, you better hope you don't leave your keys in it.
Not sure how that would work on an EV, but in a Gas model it sucks ;)

I did that 2 times, thank gawd I left the sun roof open both times. Course that was also 25 years ago.
My Diesel has a keypad on the outside of the door :)

tigger19687 said:
Unless there is a keypad to get back in the vehicle, you better hope you don't leave your keys in it.
Not sure how that would work on an EV, but in a Gas model it sucks ;)

I did that 2 times, thank gawd I left the sun roof open both times. Course that was also 25 years ago.
My Diesel has a keypad on the outside of the door :)

As far as I know, modern cars with proximity detection key systems (ie, keys you don't need to take out of your pocket) are very good at knowing when the key is in the car. They don't auto-lock with a key in the car. Of course, the point of this thread is that the e-Golf doesn't seem to have an auto-lock feature (for when you leave car), anyway!

Auto Lock means the doors will automatically lock when you reach 10mph. At least in a ICE VW it is..

Back