is car supposed to come with charge cord?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just picked up my egolf yesterday but couldn't find any charge cord in the back. didn't see one under the floorboard either. isn't it supposed to come with one?

You just bought an EV and your dealer did not even demonstrate to you the essential step of deploying its charge cord and how to charge it? I would give them a failing grade on the inevitable post-delivery survey.

The cord must be ordered when buying the car. At least this is the case in Belgium : it is not supplied if not ordered with the car. Even more, if you intend to connect on public quick charge you have to add a 585,00 eur surcharge to get the cable and the circuit in the car. Moreover, you have to pay an annual fee for a badge to allow identification/connection.
Seems electrical cars is a very good business...

I think the problem is that the dealers don't sell enough cars so they don't spend the time on them. I bought one last week and no one at the dealer knew enough to explain the car at all. I would have enjoyed a real going over. in fact I told the dealer to call me if they had any questions about the car. and yes you should have gotten a charge cord they cost 199 if you buy one

Back