New e golf owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mocohead

One week ago I picked up a blue e golf se. This is my first ev but not my first vw. I previously had a mkv gti and a cc.

My initial impressions:

1. My car was delivered without a gas cap. Surprisingly it hasn't thrown thrown cel yet.

2. The owners manual is lacking. How do you check the oil and how often does it need oil changes?

3. It's great that I can use 89 octane with no appreciable decrease in perofrmance! Oddly when I do fill up with gas I get an odd burning smell. Has anybody else noticed this?

4. The exhaust is too quiet. I wonder if any aftermarket companies are making something more throaty?

5. This car really has no turbo lag. Maybe a turbo upgrade some day to get more top end.

6. The 85 mph speed limiter seems silly.

Sorry I will switch to decaf...

Seriously I really enjoy the car. It is so smooth and quiet! The rigidity of the mk7 platform really shines in this application.

For my 24 mile commute in LA traffic this car is perfect. I'm wondering why more people don't do this.

I hated most prius drivers before. But now when I see them parking in ev charging stations I get downright angry.

Thank you everybody for the great knowledge you have shared and I'm looking forward to getting to know this e golf better.

LOL :lol: oil changes...Gas Cap? Octane? Exhaust? You bought the 100% electric Volkswagen Golf right?

mocohead said:
blueiris said:
LOL :lol: oil changes...Gas Cap? Octane? Exhaust? You bought the 100% electric Volkswagen Golf right?

Yes it was an attempt at humor.

Success!! I thought so and I couldn't help but laugh. Thank you :D

Back