Maximum range shown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely do a full charge, but left it in a 110 plug today and reached 100%. Surprised to see a range of 127miles! I know it's just an estimate but nice to see.

What are your maximum "estimated" range numbers?

Ours has shown just over 100 a few times. Usually it's 90-something, sometimes high 80's. It mostly depends on the driving efficiency for the trip(s) prior to charging. I'm sure if you drove from Tahoe to Sacramento (large elevation drop) and charged, it would get pretty high.

In the New England winter the most I saw was 67 but now I see 105 or more on a full charge. I haven't seen more than 110 yet though.

Sadly, my 22 mile drive home in light traffic, average speed of 33mph, A/C running, ate up 35+ miles on the range :(
App said I was at 5.0mpkWh

oftheseven said:
Sadly, my 22 mile drive home in light traffic, average speed of 33mph, A/C running, ate up 35+ miles on the range :(
App said I was at 5.0mpkWh
If that was off the 127 from the first post, then that should have been expected...

I usually show around 106 since my trip home the night before is usually in heavy traffic and I average 5.3 mi/kWh. The best I've seen is 131 and I got a 127 once.

Since my daily average is 4.6 (I drive faster in the morning with less traffic) I usually have 16-18 miles left after a 80 mile commute.

I have seen in the 110 - 118 range, but I consider them phantom miles. When I go somewhere, those miles drop off faster than the "real" miles below 100.

I have like 103 miles once but I agree with bobk2824, those high miles are not real, by driving just mile or so you can be out of 10 miles or more.

I was thinking it more depends on charger. At work we have 4 chargers, one gives me 83 miles, always. Another one always 93 miles, and one more is always 88.
One at Whole Food I use always gives like 99-102 miles.

vetaldj said:
I have like 103 miles once but I agree with bobk2824, those high miles are not real, by driving just mile or so you can be out of 10 miles or more.

I was thinking it more depends on charger. At work we have 4 chargers, one gives me 83 miles, always. Another one always 93 miles, and one more is always 88.
One at Whole Food I use always gives like 99-102 miles.
It is impossible for the charging station to make a difference unless you are not charging to the same level each time. Given the same state of charge, the number just depends on your driving history.

Yea, I know that fact but I was kind of surprised that I always have ~identical numbers based on which charger I use.

I use my eGolf purely for commute so my driving pattern is pretty much always the same so that's why maybe.

Back