12V sockets not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voidstar

Neither the front nor the rear 12V socket in my vehicle is working. I've tested this with two devices that I've confirmed are working in my other vehicle. Has anyone had this problem? The ring around the front 12V socket lights up as it should. Does anyone know if they're on the same fuse? I'm hoping it's just a fuse.

All right. I found the blown fuse (20A) behind the little dashboard compartment to the left of the steering wheel. Swapping this out myself will save me a trip to the dealer. :) Will post photos when I do the swap.

That's annoying. I'm considering buying this to avoid that problem (and also to have a high-quality compressor in general): http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-gear-for-your-road-trip/#compressor

My wife has previous generation of golf tdi and kept blowing fuses for 12 volt outlets

I did a quick search on the Internet and found that coins often fall down into the receptacle and cause a short circuit. Really dumb design....

In my wife's case it was a short hair pin. Zap....

Jeff

Back