How to turn off compass in multifunction display.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpsc

Does anyone know how to turn off the compass in the multifunction display?
This is when the nav is not set to routing. On turning on the car, it shows a loading message and then image as below.

Wasn't like this originally, had views of several other info options.
Clicking on the trip buttons used to provide several view options there. Now it just brings up navigation choices.

On the right hand stalk, start pushing up or down arrows, or side to side arrows, and then confirm with the "OK" button located centrally.

If you have a Limited Edition e-Golf, it is not obvious how to access ALL the information on that display. On the SEL with the steering wheel buttons it's pretty obvious. On the LE, you can select up and down on the right stalk - IF the category of information you're in has more than one item. If you want to go to another category, hold down the UP or DOWN until you see the "cards" of different categories. I found this by accident when I was suddenly stuck on the compass too.

miimura said:
If you have a Limited Edition e-Golf, it is not obvious how to access ALL the information on that display. On the SEL with the steering wheel buttons it's pretty obvious. On the LE, you can select up and down on the right stalk - IF the category of information you're in has more than one item. If you want to go to another category, hold down the UP or DOWN until you see the "cards" of different categories. I found this by accident when I was suddenly stuck on the compass too.

The first thing I did before test driving the vehicle I bought, was to change and make that compass go away. Have not seen it since.

Thanks miimura - the HOLD is the key. Now I've discovered several more screens in there that may be useful.

And I can get back to the nav mini which is handy to control nav from the stalk for those of us without the SEL steering wheel-placed controls.

Back