VW Connect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone advise on VW connect?

Purchased car 2 weeks ago. VW connect worked (logging trips etc) perfectly after the data plug went in. Yellow connection.
Tuesday this week it stopped working after my wife drove the car (unrelated I am sure). Red connection.
Now it ONLY works if my phone and app is on all of the time during driving. (before it just updated at home when I opened it). Green connection if on - Red connection if off.

I have only heard of UK owners using this service. I understand it is an OBD dongle based service. I think this is unnecessary with the e-Golf since it supports telematics with built-in systems. I'm unclear why a UK dealer would provision this on your vehicle unless they were able to charge you extra for it. CarNet is the service that uses the telematics build into the e-Golf cars. The CarNet service operates with different in-car hardware and different back-end services and different user apps and web sites in Europe and the United States.

Back