Can Bus Data

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielSon

I am currently accessing the CAN in order to get the state of charge on the car. I would like to make a digital gauge to display this information. It seems like owners of other types of EV's have all collaborated on this subject to achieve similar information. I was curious if anyone on this board has determined the PID that contains this information. If not maybe this is a good starting point for people interested in the subject. If anyone wants information on accessing the CAN i can post information on some of the hurdles I have been through so that you can gather information your interested in.

DanielSon said:
I am currently accessing the CAN in order to get the state of charge on the car. I would like to make a digital gauge to display this information. It seems like owners of other types of EV's have all collaborated on this subject to achieve similar information. I was curious if anyone on this board has determined the PID that contains this information. If not maybe this is a good starting point for people interested in the subject. If anyone wants information on accessing the CAN i can post information on some of the hurdles I have been through so that you can gather information your interested in.
If I remember right, doesn't the VAG COM program show all of this?

DanielSon said:

Hi, did you ever get anywhere with finding the CANbus commands to get battery SOC, SOH, temperature etc. ? I get my eGolf soon and want to see if I can get those numbers using an OBDII dongle and write my own application around it. (Done already for Nissan Leaf).

Odometer, is ID 0x65D
VIN 0x65F
SOC ?
SOH?
Battery Temperature ?
Tyre Pressure?

Hope someone can help!

G.

OBDeleven does what you're asking. See this thread:

https://www.speakev.com/threads/obdeleven-for-e-golf.99649/

2016golfse said:
OBDeleven does what you're asking. See this thread:

https://www.speakev.com/threads/obdeleven-for-e-golf.99649/

Thanks for replying - yes, I'm aware of the OBDEleven product. That app gives you the SOC, odometer readings etc. That's a little different from what I'm asking. I have written my own Android application to talk to a Nissan Leaf, sending and receiving the OBD II can CANbus commands to get the data I need. I'm now looking to add the e-Golf to that application, and am trying to find the CANbus commands to get the data I want, and then parse the responses to get the data. As far as I'm aware the OBDEleven App only gives you the parsed data - no access to the commands.

Why do this? because my app then uses the data to provide some live analysis of journeys.

Thanks,
G.

gregm said:
Thanks for replying - yes, I'm aware of the OBDEleven product. That app gives you the SOC, odometer readings etc. That's a little different from what I'm asking. I have written my own Android application to talk to a Nissan Leaf, sending and receiving the OBD II can CANbus commands to get the data I need. I'm now looking to add the e-Golf to that application, and am trying to find the CANbus commands to get the data I want, and then parse the responses to get the data. As far as I'm aware the OBDEleven App only gives you the parsed data - no access to the commands.

Why do this? because my app then uses the data to provide some live analysis of journeys.

Thanks,
G.

Hi

Did you find these commands for the e-Golf?

Back