E-Sound Fault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
The car sometimes gives this error.
IMG_0567.JPG

The dealer thought they had fixed the issue, as they discovered a wire to the sound module that had been put in in reverse order.
Except that yesterday, the error came up again...
Has anyone else seen this, or know what the fix may be?

I'm curious to know if you hear the sound from the right front fender or not. Or maybe you've never heard it if they didn't attached it correctly from the factory. I personally find the sound to be annoying, but I see the benefit of it.

-Rachel

Rachel said:
I'm curious to know if you hear the sound from the right front fender or not. Or maybe you've never heard it if they didn't attached it correctly from the factory. I personally find the sound to be annoying, but I see the benefit of it.

-Rachel

I do hear the sound, but not after the e-sound fault comes up.
It's going to service next week, so will see what the find this time around...
At least it nothing "major", just have to be careful when driving in the hood. :)

Well, two more visits later, and now the VW engineers feel that the whole e-sound system needs to be replaced.
Problem is, the have to manufacture the part, 3-4 weeks.

Now, in addition to this lovely issue, the AC does not work.
The tech verified that it's blowing hot air and that the compressor is not turning on.
Of course, nothing can be done without the VW engineers being involved, so earliest is this coming Tuesday.

While not the dealerships fault, sure would have been nice if they at least offered to replace this car.
What they did say was that they could look at buying at as a used car...

Going to file a case with VW of America.

Hope this is an isolated case.

I wish this was not included, or that we could toggle it off. I prefer the e-Golf sound to the Leaf; which is higher pitched and this can be irritating to drivers with more sensitive hearing (like my spouse).

Same problem in my new e-Golf I just picked up yesterday. Always starts out ok, but every once in a while, when slowing down into e-sound speed (it's off above 18(?) mph), I see the fault, and sure enough, no grrr-rumble-rumble e-sound.

We'll see tomorrow what the dealer says. Sigh

Back