Charging without WIFI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADV

Hey folks. Looking to know if there is a wifi charger out there that will maintain charging even when a wifi signal is lost. We live rurally and our ISP is not the most reliable, frequently slows or drops connection. I was looking at the ChargePoint until I discovered that users woke up to an uncharged egolf after the charger lost its wifi connection overnight. I know that I could just opt for the non wifi models out there, but I do think wifi may serve us well especially with all of the CarNet complaints I've been reading.

Much appreciated!

I don't know if the Juicebox Pro 40 does what you're asking, but your answer may just be a phone call away. Electric Motor Works (844) 584-2329.

I would call ChargePoint and validate, my ChargePoint manual shows it charges without wifi.

ADV said:
I was looking at the ChargePoint until I discovered that users woke up to an uncharged egolf after the charger lost its wifi connection overnight.

I was curious so I unplugged my cable modem at 8:55 last night. No problems at all; the Chargepoint is set for PG&E's E6 plan and kicked on at 9 PM same as always.

Then did the same test tonight, but also temporarily killing the power to the Chargepoint at 8:57. Once again, it kicked on at 9 PM without issue.

ADV said:
Hey folks. Looking to know if there is a wifi charger out there that will maintain charging even when a wifi signal is lost. We live rurally and our ISP is not the most reliable, frequently slows or drops connection. I was looking at the ChargePoint until I discovered that users woke up to an uncharged egolf after the charger lost its wifi connection overnight. I know that I could just opt for the non wifi models out there, but I do think wifi may serve us well especially with all of the CarNet complaints I've been reading.

Much appreciated!
I installed the FLO charger from Que / supplied by VW canada .. seems to work ok , uses PLC as a connection to router

Kosta said:
ADV said:

Much appreciated!
I installed the FLO charger from Que / supplied by VW canada .. seems to work ok , uses PLC as a connection to router

I can confirm that the flo X5 doesn't stop charging if it's not connected to the flo cloud. It keeps track of the data internally and will report it back to the server after re-connecting. I have yet to lose the data from a charging session.

I just installed Flo x5 last night the plc shows three green lights, I installed/activated but the web portal gives me a message pending installation??!!

Charging functions work as they should but no app or web functionality. What does pending installation mean?

babakp said:
I just installed Flo x5 last night the plc shows three green lights, I installed/activated but the web portal gives me a message pending installation??!!

Charging functions work as they should but no app or web functionality. What does pending installation mean?
It means you're an early adopter Beta Tester. Perhaps a Google search turns something up, or looking on Flo's website? Or maybe it's in the owners manual for the Flo device you have?

Back