High-pitched interior alarm sound

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjudd23

Today while driving my 2015 egolf, an alarm started sounding in the interior of the car - it sounded like the smoke alarm or fire alarm you might have in your home. There were no visual warnings on the dash, and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Finally, it just stopped. Anyone have this happen? DOes anyone know what it could be? Thanks so much!

I've not heard of that one before. The only annoying sound we get is the one that accompanies the wrong-way driver warnings that are invariably dozens of miles away with no chance of impacting our driving.

miimura said:
I've not heard of that one before. The only annoying sound we get is the one that accompanies the wrong-way driver warnings that are invariably dozens of miles away with no chance of impacting our driving.

I've observed / heard this too.

I bought a lease-returned 2016 e-Golf SE two weeks ago. After about 2 days this started happening to me also. I’ve found nothing via Google searches or on this forum (or in the owner’s manual) to explain this. I’ve ordered an ODBeleven Pro to see for myself what’s on the CAN buss when this happens.

Lupulo said:
I bought a lease-returned 2016 e-Golf SE two weeks ago. After about 2 days this started happening to me also. I’ve found nothing via Google searches or on this forum (or in the owner’s manual) to explain this. I’ve ordered an ODBeleven Pro to see for myself what’s on the CAN buss when this happens.

Hey, wanted to follow up on this. My neighbor's 2019 eGolf did this today. While it was happening, she said the screen dimmed, too, and then the sound stopped and everything was back to normal. Did anyone figure out what causes this?

Thank you in advance.

Back