Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:32 pm
Posts: 763
ouch... minus 21 cel, it's cold out there.

_________________
2017 Kia Soul EV+

2016 e-Golf SE (Returned)
2015 Fiat 500e (Returned)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:21 am
Posts: 6
Location: San Diego Ca
Purchased the Carista and was able to easily set the passenger mirror to dip in reverse and put the option in the menu.

Was also able to program all windows up or down using the remote. This is nice when coming to a hot car and being able to roll down all the windows.

I have the Carista program till May 10th, 2018.

If you are in the San Diego and want to change your settings let me know. I'm usually available nights and weekends.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm
Posts: 14
Marspinball wrote:
Purchased the Carista and was able to easily set the passenger mirror to dip in reverse and put the option in the menu.

Was also able to program all windows up or down using the remote. This is nice when coming to a hot car and being able to roll down all the windows.

I have the Carista program till May 10th, 2018.

If you are in the San Diego and want to change your settings let me know. I'm usually available nights and weekends.

Nice, wish you were in the Bay Area...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:24 am
Posts: 769
Location: SoCal
ms4cd wrote:
Nice, wish you were in the Bay Area...


Carista is relatively inexpensive, about $40 on Amazon.

_________________
2015 eGolf SEL (originally leased, bought out lease)
former EV: 2012 Nissan Leaf SV (lease returned)
Range Extender: 2017 VW Golf Alltrack S 4Motion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm
Posts: 14
RonDawg wrote:
ms4cd wrote:
Nice, wish you were in the Bay Area...


Carista is relatively inexpensive, about $40 on Amazon.


Yes, got one and used it.

Has anyone noticed, after backing up and passenger mirror dipping, the mirror returns in higher position?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:24 am
Posts: 769
Location: SoCal
ms4cd wrote:
RonDawg wrote:
ms4cd wrote:
Nice, wish you were in the Bay Area...


Carista is relatively inexpensive, about $40 on Amazon.


Yes, got one and used it.

Has anyone noticed, after backing up and passenger mirror dipping, the mirror returns in higher position?


It happens with my 2015, so I occasionally have to re-adjust it.

_________________
2015 eGolf SEL (originally leased, bought out lease)
former EV: 2012 Nissan Leaf SV (lease returned)
Range Extender: 2017 VW Golf Alltrack S 4Motion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:38 pm
Posts: 14
Presume this can be adjusted with a VCDS? If so has anyone done it and how is it done?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 am
Posts: 51
Location: SoCal (Costa Mesa)
ms4cd wrote:
Presume this can be adjusted with a VCDS? If so has anyone done it and how is it done?

Waiting too...

Check this previous post:
http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=405&start=0

Passenger mirror reverse dip. Mirror switch has to be on the passenger setting for it to work. Once below settings are complete go into vehicle settings, then mirrors, and turn on.
52 Passenger door
07 coding
Byte 4
Enable bit 2 and 3
THEN
09 Central Electronics
31347
Adaptations
17-Access control 2 Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt (change to “active”)
THEN
(22) Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung (change to “active”) this puts
the option in the menu screen.

Make sure you keep mirror switch pointer on passenger side, otherwise it not working. Also, repeat this procedure for code to remain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:56 am
Posts: 120
ms4cd wrote:
Has anyone noticed, after backing up and passenger mirror dipping, the mirror returns in higher position?


Covered in other VW forums. It returns to a higher position because the egolf lacks the memory modules to store the previous position. Easiest way to get the modules is to buy the power folding mirrors with switch and memory modules on AliExpress, and afterwards do long coding - not carista.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mirror dip on 2017 e-Golf
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 32
After used Carista to set up passenger mirror dips when reverse, the mirror doesn't go up when drive forward.
Only goes up if I turn the mirror switch to " Off" position, or after turn the car off & On agian.
Any body have the same problem? . If you don't , please tell me how to set up in Carista.
Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Volkswagen e-Golf Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group