"time since Charge" resets on starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpd

So I charge at work. Drive 20 miles home. Time since start and time since charge (or distance) says 20 miles. Turn off over nite. In the morning BOTH time since charge and time since start say zero (didn't charge, didn't plug in, didn't do anything but turn off). Doesn't always do this but often does.
2017 eGolf, had it 1 month. 800 miles so far.

jpd said:
So I charge at work. Drive 20 miles home. Time since start and time since charge (or distance) says 20 miles. Turn off over nite. In the morning BOTH time since charge and time since start say zero (didn't charge, didn't plug in, didn't do anything but turn off). Doesn't always do this but often does.
2017 eGolf, had it 1 month. 800 miles so far.

Switch settings to Distance since Start and Distance since Charged. Those are the parameters you are interested in. Time since charged doesn't tell you anything useful of value about the battery. Mileage since charge does, it helps estimate remaining range in miles.

This is a bug a few people are having (including me) with the 2017 e-Golf. The stats "since charged" may reset without charging the car or may not reset after a charge. Reported it to my dealer and showed the behavior to a VW Canada representative back in October and I’m still waiting for an update on this issue.

Bug's still there on the 2018 model I just received. I also have the e-manager schedule reset on me. It did this the first time I plugged it in to charge after programming the schedules and now it's doing it again every time I plug it into my new charger.

SUMMARY
2017 model, leased in 2018, SEL DAP
I drive to work 8am, I drive home 5pm, I charge overnight.

Description
The Miles/KW Since Charge does funny things...
During the day at work, M/KW Since Charge sometimes resets itself, despite no charging having taken place.
In the morning after a full charge, it does not always reset to Zero and retains yesterdays average.

Fix (fingers crossed)
Had my 20,000 service today and queried the issue.......
"TSB 93-18-06 Update Flash for BD module the high voltage battery charge management module needs update. Performed update flash BD module."

I'll report back in a week or so if it really did fix it.

Barry

Back