CarPlay issues and environmental question/issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe I need to RTFM, noticed a couple "strange" behaviors and maybe someone know why. I did figure out a work-around

When I start my car, plug in my iPhone for carplay, i try to launch Pandora, and pandora will launch, try to launch, and may stay "launching" or starts playing, but the audio will not be heard. I found if I turn the radio on, or launch audiobooks, go back to pandora, it starts playing, or i can at least then hear the audio.

Also, (maybe should be in a different thread, or i should have searched for it), when i start my car, the fan/72 degrees is always on. I tried to look in the persona for driver 1, and couldn't figure out how to NOT have the fan on; just an irritation.

Any insight, suggestions is REALLY appreciated so TIA.

Steve
northern California

that wasn't in the manual as far as I know.

It's more of keep trying till you get something working.

There is a fix for the 72F on start up problem.

http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=607

I have found that car play doesn't seem to work until the phone has successfully paired via bluetooth.

Sometimes I plug in my phone and there's no audio or the car play controls are really sluggish. I unplug (to use bluetooth audio) and discover that the phone hasn't paired yet. As soon as it does, I plug back into CarPlay and it works fine.

Anyone else seeing this?

Hi, just picked up a 2017 (US) and having the same two issues. AA keeps freezing for me when trying to use play music or VLC but actually works fine with Skype. Sometimes it'll just freeze up the music app, sometimes it'll totally lock up the head unit completely.

I'm having the same thing with the 72F startup but annoying to that thread it just mentioned it for 2015 and 16.

Cgibsong002 said:
Hi, just picked up a 2017 (US) and having the same two issues. AA keeps freezing for me when trying to use play music or VLC but actually works fine with Skype. Sometimes it'll just freeze up the music app, sometimes it'll totally lock up the head unit completely.

I'm having the same thing with the 72F startup but annoying to that thread it just mentioned it for 2015 and 16.

Go to the dealership and request what you want... That their default value is unacceptable, it doesn't remember your last setting, and you don't consider that a viable "feature" Or get VCDS and do it yourself, through adaptation.

Back