How to Change default drive mode and climate control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurStrom

Does the 2016 SE allow for customized drive modes to remain in memory after turning OFF the car?

In other words, if I finishing drive in recup stage 3 and the climate control is OFF (i.e. no fan), is possible to keep those last selections such that when power up the car next time those same settings are selected automatically?

The other day, I powered ON and OFF the vehicle about four times within 20 minutes and noticed that on the third time the climate control remained OFF from the previous cycle. There is no smart logic in the software to adapt to driver behavior, right ?

On my 2016 SE, the climate control setting at shutdown is retained at shutdown, but the drive mode ( normal, Eco, d1, d2, d3, b) is not.

2016golfse said:
On my 2016 SE, the climate control setting at shutdown is retained at shutdown, but the drive mode ( normal, Eco, d1, d2, d3, b) is not.
Mine too but only if I turn the fan OFF for two cycles within the hour. This morning on the third cycle it remembered to turn ventilation fan OFF.

based on my research, it is not possible to retain these settings..

very strange if you ask me..

BUT, due to this, I've started using B mode insted (easier to click down once, insted of left 3 times) and have noticed great recharge, especially in city driving.

obtuce said:
BUT, due to this, I've started using B mode insted (easier to click down once, insted of left 3 times) and have noticed great recharge, especially in city driving.
The B (regen braking) is the best. I can't drive a conventional car smoother than that...

Back