Trunk charger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LafinJack

Where exactly is the 110v trunk charger?

I have the 2015 eGolf SEL, it has the adapter thing, but I don't see anywhere to plug it in the trunk, even removing both false floors down to the spare tire level. Am I just too dumb to find this? (very very possible)

And a a related question, will the (supposed) trunk charger allow charging while the car is on or will it disable itself like the external charger?

Thank you for your help!

Scott

LafinJack said:
Where exactly is the 110v trunk charger?

I have the 2015 eGolf SEL, it has the adapter thing, but I don't see anywhere to plug it in the trunk, even removing both false floors down to the spare tire level. Am I just too dumb to find this? (very very possible)

And a a related question, will the (supposed) trunk charger allow charging while the car is on or will it disable itself like the external charger?

Thank you for your help!

Scott

I'd suggest Self Help. As in read your Owners Manual.

There is only one charging port on the e-golf, behind the gas flap.
In the trunk is a 12V cigarette lighter socket, but no charging port.

Barry

It sounds like you misinterpreted "trunk charger"; the included 120V charging cable is simply stored in the trunk, but it plugs into the car's only charge port above the rear right fender, same as any other charger.

You can turn on the accessory mode while plugged in, but not the ignition, for obvious reasons.

"...the included 120V charging cable is simply stored in the trunk, but it plugs into the car's only charge port above the rear right fender, same as any other charger."

Doh, that sounds like what I did. Thread complete!

Let's rename it the "Energy Port" It's where you add energy, be it electric, gas or diesel, on VAG products.

Back