2017 e-Golf Heavy brake dust on driver side rear wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1geek

Anyone notice a large amount of brake dust on the driver's side rear wheel? I can also hear the brake noise when pressing the brake pedal to fully stop the car with B engaged. I hear the brake noise for about the last 5 mph coming from the same wheel.

Sounds like sticky brake calipers on LR wheel, or pins corroded. Maybe go pull wheels for a rotation and check brake pad thickness on LR and RR wheels, measure in MM.

Some clues on a stuck caliper/pad besides the noise/dust that you noticed include:

1) Unusual scoring/wear marks on the disc
2) After driving, place your hand on the wheels. The sticking one will be hotter than the others because of continuous friction.

f1geek said:
Anyone notice a large amount of brake dust on the driver's side rear wheel? I can also hear the brake noise when pressing the brake pedal to fully stop the car with B engaged. I hear the brake noise for about the last 5 mph coming from the same wheel.

I have that grind noise too for the final bit of stopping - the Mrs uses the emergency brake for parking - I don't, she runs the vehicle 90% of the time - coming up to 4000 miles on the clock .... need to get the dealer to check it out

Back