Ambiguous on 10K service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1171

My monthly VW vehicle health report from Volkswagen is telling me the first service is due at 20,000 miles. The VW Manual addendum and other sources say 10K is the first time for Service. What is the correct first service point? Thanks.

10k is the first service point for all current VW's, petroleum or electric. However most if not all the services you can do yourself. I actually skipped over mine.

Older thread here:

http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=783

I skipped the 10k miles as well. When I brought it in for the 20, the dealer asked if I had gotten the 10 done and I told them how the car reported 20 was the first service.

Even the 20 is mostly an inspection to make sure everything is in proper working order. Per the manuals you have to get to 40k miles or 3 years before they do any real work.

The service manual doesn't specifically mention rotating the tires but that is something to keep in mind.

took mine in for the 1 year inspection ( only 8,000 k on the clock ) they checked it over = rotated tires charged 1 hr labour ...

Back