Pit Stop/ Backup camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyb593

PIT STOP:

I haven't been able to find anything about this in the forum. I tend to leave my car running for maybe 2 minute while i drop my daughter off at home after school or if my wife is in the car with the kids. The e-golf will shut down the car / a/c no matter what setting( normal/ eco/ eco+) i am in and even if i leave the key in the car. Is there any way around this because this does seem like a hazard especially if you have older kids (older nieces and nephews) that want to hangout in the car instead of going into the store and want the a/c on. My kids are small right now so i obviously would never leave them alone in the car. I do tend to leave the car running to cool it down or keep it cool or if i am making a quick stop. I could do this in my 2015 Nissan leaf with the key taken out of the vehicle and i just had to press the button on the door to lock it. I dont think VW thought this one through. I do understanding the reasoning as they dont want someone to come back to a dead battery however they should put a longer time limit or a charge percentage limit on when to shut off or ask you when you are getting out if you want it to be left on.

Backup Camera:

I have found some mention of the parking sensor issuing on the forum however no one really ever says if it can be disable or prevented from popping up when reversing. Wasn't sure if there is something in the car settings to turn this off? I have found an activation setting for the parking aids but it doesn't seem to turn it off when adjusting it.

Any help on these matters would be great.

If you want the car to remain on for more than 30 seconds after you park, you have to turn the car off, then turn it back on. If the car doesn't move after you turn it on, it will stay on. At least that was my experience with our 2015.

Back