Volkswagen e-Golf Forum

It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anybody open up their stock 120V TE charger? ripped cord :(
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:59 pm 

Has anybody opened up the stock TE charger that comes with your eGolf? Specifically a CA model 2016 eGolf? I need to figure out how to connect the J1772 cable back to the ev charger box itself... (if you're tempted to in order to help me out, there are 6 Torx screws, but a 2.5mm hex key will unscrew them fine)

The inside looks like this, but where those 4 tabs are on the bottom/right side of the PCB there should be 4 cables plugged in, and I would need to know which one goes where :)

We accidentally backed up a car which resulted in the J1772 end of the charger ripping out from the charger box itself (cord coming completely out). Putting it back together is a bit more complicated than hoped as there are 4 cables (green, white, black, blue) and 4 plugs and no real way to know which one goes where....

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: anybody open up their stock 120V TE charger? ripped cord
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:47 am 

Sorry, I don't want to risk opening up my charger to take a look. My advice is to buy a used charger on craigslist for cheap. Not worth fixing if you don't know what you're doing and risking a fire.

That said, you're pictures aren't loading, but here's a link to a Chevy Volt EVSE, also made by ClipperCreek that might help you.

https://imgur.com/a/vFkP5