Charging Issues 2018 e-golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I purchased a new e-golf last week and am having charging issues. I installed a Juicebox Pro 32 charger recently and my egolf will only charge for 1:27 exactly, consecutively for the last 3 times. I recently activated carnet and did not see any setting that should inhibit charging. I also checked the e-manager. Max Battery is set at 100%. Have not setup peak charging, as I am billed at a flat rate. It will not restart charging over the carnet app. I must go out and manually remove the charger plug and reinstall to complete charging.

Thanks for your help in advance, It's great to see the e-golf has an active online community.

Dan

What was battery level when you started charging & end of charge level?.
Try charge the Egolf at other charger, like level 1 or level 2 puplic charger to see if it's the same.
If OK by other chargers, chance is your charger has problem.

Battery was approx 15% first time. Had to plug it in 3x to get 100% charge. (10KW+10KW+1KW) approx measurements on juicebox log. Happened again last night with 20 miles left, stopped at 66, reviewed settings and restarted charging. I don't think it is the charger because on the third 1K charge, the battery reached 100%, and hours later power was available for remote climate control to warm the car on the charger. The juicebox log showed a chart of current stopping at 100%, then it using less current sporadically during the heater usage for climate control. I think this indicates the vehicle has the power available, but is not using it on the first two 10k charges???

Have only used DC Fast charge once, as I have only had it for a week. Had no problems with level 1 charger(just slow, used twice) I like your public level charger 2 idea though, as this isolates the problem to the vehicle or charger.

Thanks,

Dan

I agree use the public L2 charger and see what happens. If the max battery on the car is set to 100% (which it would be by default), then it sounds more like the JuiceBox or something on the circuit that is the culprit.

The JuiceBox Pro is able to limit the KWH sent to the car in a session.
They list it as a given number of miles.
Are you sure you have the setting cranked all the way clockwise in the JB app?

Barry

Found it! For some reason the charging limit on the Juice Box was set to 10.34 kWh, the exact same Kwh it stopped on the logs. Changed the value to "0" for no limit.

Guess that's what I get for buying a "smart charger." Gotta be smarter than the charger... :)

Thank you so much for your quick response, saved me a trip to test on another charger.

Dan

Back