2016 E-Golf Loose Charging port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,
My dog got caught on the charging cord while my E-Golf was charging and caused the port on the car to become loose. It happened three months ago and has been charging and working fine. I was mildly concerned about it possibly causing an issue. So, I went to have it checked out at VW to find out its all one part that has to be removed in order to repair it. Anyone have any insight or ideas about this topic. Thanks for your time reading this. - Charles :)

CharlesCardwell said:
Hello all,
My dog got caught on the charging cord while my E-Golf was charging and caused the port on the car to become loose. It happened three months ago and has been charging and working fine. I was mildly concerned about it possibly causing an issue. So, I went to have it checked out at VW to find out its all one part that has to be removed in order to repair it. Anyone have any insight or ideas about this topic. Thanks for your time reading this. - Charles :)

Someone else had the same problem with their dog and the charging port... it was a 3 or $4000 fix, if I recall correctly, and was not covered under warranty. Do a Google search for the story here.

I guess dogs around e-Golfs that are charging, are a bad idea. Keep your dog elsewhere?

Back