2018 e-Golf stops charging after 3.12kwh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, has anyone had anything similar? The last 3 days the car has only accepted 3.12kwh or 3.11kwh of charge. This is when it is set to charge to 100%. Today for instance I had 60km of range. Charger is Juice Pro 40.

When I leave the car it says it will take x hours to fully charge, so it's not a program. The program doesn't allow you to only let in 3.12kwh anyway. I'm stumped. I'm trying the charger that came with the car now to see if it works better.

No idea if its the charger or the car, as neither have a setting to turn off after 3.12kwh of charge.

Just hoping someone has experienced something similar.

I will contact VW if the included cable also stops short.

Check your settings in the JuiceBox. They have a feature that will stop charging after a certain amount of energy is delivered.

So it turned out together Juicebox. I had no setting telling it to stop after 3.12kwh, the only setting in the app is to stop at a percentage of the battery - which I leave at 100% because the car handles all that. No setting to say stop after x kwh regardless of state of charge.

Juicebox support said to increase the size of my car battery in the settings as there are algorithms behind the scene that may be causing the issue. I increased the battery to 70kwh and range to 400km. It is now charging properly. I'm ok with this for now because I use e-manager for all charging logic.

I hope of this happens to someone in the future they find this post!

Back