continuously "finding" phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCH

I set-up two phones to connect to the car system by bluetooth. If i'm in the car without either of the phones (or if i turn off the phones) the car system appears to still continuously search for them. The main console displays a moving circle with "finding" phone message. Even if I turn off the main console, the little screen on the dash between the speedometer and power dial displays a circle going around with "finding" the name of the phone -- it's "listening" for the bluetooth ping from my phone, which is not there. It does not seem to time out.

Is the system set to continuously find phone? Is there any way to turn-off the "find phone" function short of deleting the phones from the system??

that doesnt fix the problem. With bluetooth off, the system still reads "finding phone" on both the main screen and the little dash screen. Does this not occur in others' cars when you get in without your phone that is otherwise paired?

Back