Park Assist - Perpendicular

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2019 eGolf purchased in Canada. The manual says to press Park Assist once for parallel, and twice for perpendicular. But that's not what happens. I press it once and parallel is activated. I press it a second time, and Park Assist is turned off. The diagrams in the manual don't look like what's on my console either. I've tried a couple of times rolling through parking lots, but nothing other than parallel ever comes up. Am I doing something wrong, or is this feature just not available on my car?

I don't need it, by the way. Just playing with all the features of the car.

The manual is wrong (but don't tell you know who!)

I was curious so I played around with it, and if it sees a perpendicular spot it will just automatically change the graphic to perpendicular. It seems to be able to scan for both spots in the same mode now, even though the UI and manual are doing their best to make you think otherwise.

I had some spare time at the mall so I played around with it. It missed a couple of perfectly good spaces, but did eventually find a space. I was able to nose in but couldn't figure out how to back in with park assist. Doesn't matter anyway, I can park just fine without it.

Hey Tripleardvark, did you ever figure this out?
I'm having the same issue with Park Assist; literally NEVER seems to identify a (clearly) open perpendicular space :\

Back