Battery 12V Missing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bib60

Hi Everybody

I've found my new E-Golf but something is hurting me ;)

Battery 12V is missing, No cable are waiting for battery, car is working perfectly, no error message, is it normal ?

Car have no heat pump option and it's demo car, 100KW 05/2017

Before to buy i don't want to make a mistake :D

Thanks for all yours answers

Hard to imagine the car would operate normally without the 12v battery. Are you sure there is none? Should be in the "engine bay" on the driver's side.

Anyone know if the 12v battery was eliminated or moved in more recent model years?

Hi
I can confirm that the place for battery is here but not the battery ;)
This battery in red circle.
The plastic protection on the motor is missing too.
190522060246165147.jpg

bib60 said:
Hi

Then ask them to put a battery in the car for you and hook it up, before you buy it?

JoulesThief said:
bib60 said:
Hi

Then ask them to put a battery in the car for you and hook it up, before you buy it?

Off course but there is no cable to plug on battery in the motor compartment !!!

so I thought this battery was optional with the heat pump option.

I will ask the seller a new appointment to see this more closely :)

The plastic cover is only for decoration. It was eliminated with the 2017 model year in most markets.

I have no explanation for the apparently missing 12V battery.

The demonstral car option is codified like this : DMO

Perhaps this DMO option won't install 12V battery for car exposure model ?

Demonstrator won't have charge problem with 12V battery in show car.

Can somebody from VW check this DMO option ?

bib60 said:
The demonstral car option is codified like this : DMO

Perhaps this DMO option won't install 12V battery for car exposure model ?

Demonstrator won't have charge problem with 12V battery in show car.

Can somebody from VW check this DMO option ?

Maybe you should just forget about buying a demonstrator, VW has gotten in trouble selling prototypes as demonstrators, when they aren't even allowed to sell prototypes to the general public.

Demonstrator car is not prototype, it's serial car to be show to futher owner in showroom

What model year is this car and what nation is this car in?

Maybe others who have same year in same region can chime in. It is possible the 12v battery was eliminated, or made smaller/relocated because the cars with 12v batteries don't operate without. Assuming the car drives and all accessories work, there must be a reasonable explanation.

msvphoto said:
Anyone know if the 12v battery was eliminated or moved in more recent model years?

The battery is in the same location on both my cars.

Not sure how the car is operating without 12V. I'm pretty sure the HV battery isn't even connected to the system unless the car is running, so you definitely need the 12V to close the contactor....
It would help if we could get an actual picture of the vehicle's engine bay.

Back