Cooling fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GadgetGav

I find the cooling fan in the radiator is running a lot in my e-Golf. Considering it's January and I'm in New England this seems excessive. I read that they removed the battery cooling between prototype and production, so I wonder what could be causing it to run. Does the heating system use a heat pump that would use the cooling fan for air movement?
Does anyone else notice it running a lot?

GadgetGav said:
I find the cooling fan in the radiator is running a lot in my e-Golf. Considering it's January and I'm in New England this seems excessive. I read that they removed the battery cooling between prototype and production, so I wonder what could be causing it to run. Does the heating system use a heat pump that would use the cooling fan for air movement?
Does anyone else notice it running a lot?

Yes, it's the heat pump running that causes that fan to turn on so that the external coil can absorb ambient heat. If you turn off your climate control, the fan in the engine compartment should not turn on.

Back