2015 SEL headlight and turn signal error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my commute this morning, my 2015 SEL displayed an error about my right headlight. A few minutes after that, another error about my right turn signal appeared when I attempted to use it. I checked the large headlight connector when I parked and it seemed to be seated securely. I verified that neither the right headlight nor the right turn signal are working, although the cat's eye style running lights on the right side are. The left side headlight assembly seems to be unaffected. The errors and symptoms persisted after I turned the car off and on again.

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? Do I really have to take my car to the dealership for a headlight?

formerdieselrumbler said:
On my commute this morning, my 2015 SEL displayed an error about my right headlight. A few minutes after that, another error about my right turn signal appeared when I attempted to use it. I checked the large headlight connector when I parked and it seemed to be seated securely. I verified that neither the right headlight nor the right turn signal are working, although the cat's eye style running lights on the right side are. The left side headlight assembly seems to be unaffected. The errors and symptoms persisted after I turned the car off and on again.

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms? Do I really have to take my car to the dealership for a headlight?

Have you done any VCDS/OBD11 modifications to the car or headlights? If no, a trip to the dealer might be in your future

No mods here besides the resistor-in-place-of-the-noisemaker trick that I outlined in this forum (or VWVortex). Bone stock.

Reseating the headlamp assembly connector may or may not have done something, but the issue is intermittent now. I'm going to keep a close eye on it.

Thanks!

Back