Firmware update!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preilly44

Hello all,

I just had my car in for service to try to stop a regen rattling issue (which they claimed was CD's in the glove box...which wasn't the case). Anyway, I asked them to check for any updates that could be done and they said there was a firmware update available. They said it was related to the heat/AC but they weren't sure what it did or if it did anything else.

Does anybody have any info?

Patrick

Had my car in last week and they have some update with respect to the heating, I was told. Since I live in SoCal, it is not a burning issue for me.

It's puzzling to me
1. Isn't there a version control numbering system as there is with all Windows software?
2. Why is it there seems to be no way for the owner to access what version is on the car
3. Why no way to show the problems the different versions fix
4. Why no way to identify which fixes are critical, important, convenience

I would think car software would be in lock step with the way things are done for pcs. Real time downloads, version control, automatic check for updates , etc

Ron

eGary said:
RECALL 87E7 E-GOLF HVAC SOFTWARE UPDATE

Thanks for the info. Can you confirm if this recall/service campaign shows up on this web page when you enter your VIN? I am wondering if this web page is a useful source of info for software updates or not (for my VIN, nothing shows up).

http://www.vw.com/web/vw/recall/

Thanks. Where are you getting the firmware version from? How do I know what's on my car, how many versions behind I am, and what problems the updates fixed?

Ron

svento said:
eGary said:
RECALL 87E7 E-GOLF HVAC SOFTWARE UPDATE

Thanks for the info. Can you confirm if this recall/service campaign shows up on this web page when you enter your VIN? I am wondering if this web page is a useful source of info for software updates or not (for my VIN, nothing shows up).

http://www.vw.com/web/vw/recall/

That site does *not* show any recall/campaign for my car either. Unfortunately for me, my e-Golf had to be serviced multiple times due to many issues and I get the updates as a consequence:) In my last visit, VW engineers had identified that there's something wrong with the Infotainment unit (they apparently installed in my car a unit from a non-electric vehicle) and will be replacing it with a unit coming from Germany.

My recommendation is that if you feel there's something not right with your e-Golf, make a service visit as that's the only way they act on campaigns/recalls that are not urgent. Since this car is new, the qualified/certified service technicians will always have to call into the VW tech center and consult with engineers directly.

I hope this helps.

Back