Parking sensors interrupt bluetooth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GadgetGav

I turned off the automatic parking sensor activation the first time I drove in heavy traffic - what an annoying "feature"..! Yes, I realize it's hard to distinguish between driving in stop / start traffic and parking amongst other parked vehicles, but that just makes me wonder why they even tried.

Anyway, the problem I have is that even with the automatic activation of the parking sensors turned off, they still interrupt audio. I don't listen to the radio much, so I don't know if it affects all audio, but it certainly affects bluetooth streaming audio. When the parking sensors would be beeping, there's a brief interruption in the audio, almost like it was about to start beeping and then remembered that it shouldn't. If it's going to make the audio choppy, it might as well put the beeps in too.

Has anyone else had this happen? I believe there is a software update for the infotainment system - does anyone know if it addresses this issue?

Yes, I had someone pull very close behind me, as I waited to turn left out of a service station (I pumped up my tires to 45PSI for better coasting!), and this nearly muted my iPod music. If this happens all that often, it will become tiresome.

tigger19687 said:
How close does someone need to be for this to go off ?
I haven't measured the range of the sensors to see what those two marks on the side bar represent (or read the manual to see if it's in there) but it happens as soon as anything is in range of the parking sensors. I would guess they first trigger at about 3 or 4 feet. Not an unreasonable distance for someone to be behind you when waiting at an intersection.

It's possible to turn off (or reduce the volume cut) of the parking sensors in the "car" menu. That way the beep just overlays the bluetooth audio instead of muting it.

Back